Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Soap Sculptures



First Attempt





Second Attempt





ALL THE PANDAS!!!
Figure, First Attempt, Second Attempt

Second Attempt, First Attempt, Figure

I was honestly terrified to do this project mainly because I never really sculpted anything before. I mainly work in 2-D and I am great at translating 3-D space on a 2-D surface. I'm actually really impressed on how my sculptures turned out. It wasn't as hard as I thought. The difficult part was getting the curve of the body and the head right. My first attempt I managed to make the panda curve slightly. So on my second attempt, I made sure I addressed it early on. It worked out but I shaved off too much of his left cheek. For the ears, I decided to carve them separately and then attach them on with straight pins. The soap is very fragile so I was worried I would break the ears off and lose them.


No comments:

Post a Comment